What is new at Vietnam Visa Exemption 2020. As of January 2020, regular passport holders from 24 COUNTRIES below DO NOT need a tourist visa for Vietnam:
90 days (1 country)
30 days (7 countries)
• Laos • Malaysia
21 days (1 country)
14 days (2 countries)
15 days, with restrictions (13 countries)
• Japan* • Norway*
• South Korea*
• The United Kingdom* 1
* - A gap of at least 30 days between two visa-free visits is required. Must have a printout of an onward ticket.
1 - for British citizens only.
The above is provided for informational purposes only, please double-check with the official authorities in your country before you go.
5-year visa exemption
For husbands/wives and children of Vietnamese citizens or overseas Vietnamese, you are probably granted the certificate of visa exemption valid for 5 years if submitting the documents listed below at the local embassy:
· A completed copy of application form for visa exemption
· 02 recent passport photos (taken in color, white background, the face looks straight at the camera, no head coverings or sunglasses)
· Original passport valid for 6 months after the intended trip, plus one copy to file
· The documents supporting the relationship between you and your wife/husband/parents such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, documents showing family recognition of your relationship (one copy is required)
· Other valid documents as regulated by Vietnamese Law.
The time required for the issuance of exemption certificate is around 7 days after the receipt of application.
Please download the exemption application form and find more information on 5-year visa exemption program at mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn.
Here is the latest updated information on Vietnam visa in 2020. Should you have any question, please feel free to contact us at +84.8184.108.40.206 or email us at [email protected]. Our address: No. 88 Xa Dan Street, Phuong Lien Ward, Dong Da Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam