CORONAVIRUS STATUS IN VIETNAM - HOW TO APPLY AN E-VISA?
Jul 05, 2022
By Hoa Do
Vietnam is one of the most safetest countries in the world after COVID -19 outbreak. Today, Covid-19 Vaccine is applied to almost people in the world and Covid-19 is controled. Foreigners can visit Vietnam for tourist or business purposes.
This is good news for the Vietnamese Government, Citizens, and Foreigners who are living in Vietnam. However, the Government and Citizens still apply all methods to avoid and prevent the affection of viruses in society.
I. WHAT SHOULD FOREIGNERS DO WHEN THEY ARE STUCK IN VIETNAM DUE TO CORONA VIRUS?
If you are foreigners who are stuck in Vietnam due to all canceled flights, visa extension is the best choice for you. According to Vietnam Immigration law, you can extend your visa for 1 month, 2 months, and 3 months. It will depend on your original visa detailed as below:
- A free original visa (15 days, 21 days and 30 days): you can extend for 1 or 2 months (DL visa type)
- A 1-month original visa: you are allowed extending the visa for 1 month (DL or DN visa type)
- A 3-month original visa: can extend for 1 month or 3 months (DL or DN visa type)
Besides, Vietnam Government issues new policy (Issued on 18 May 2020) for Foreigners who entered Vietnam after 1 March. According to that, if you entered Vietnam after 1 March 2020, your visa will be automatically extended until 30 June, 2020. You don't need to apply to extend your visa and can exit during that time without visa extension or paying the fine for overstaying.
This policy aims to help foreigners can stay longer in Vietnam due to the COVID-19 outbreak and it also helps them to save their budget in this hard situation.
II. SOMETHING CHANGED IN VIETNAM VISA POLICY AFTER CONTROLLING COVID-19 IN VIETNAM
FROM 1 JULY 2020, VIETNAM E-VISA WILL BE OPENED FOR 80 NATIONALITIES TO VIETNAM
According to that Foreigners are allowed entering Vietnam at International airports and Seaports as below:
✈ 8 International airports:
- Noi Bai (Hanoi)
- Tan Son Nhat (HCMC)
- Cam Ranh (Khanh Hoa)
- Da Nang
- Cat Bi (Hai Phong)
- Can Tho
- Phu Quoc
- Phu Bai (Hue)
⚓ 13 seaports:
- Hon Gai, Cam Pha (Quang Ninh Province);
- Hai Phong (Hai Phong city);
- Nghi Son (Thanh Hoa Province);
- Vung Ang (Ha Tinh Province);
- Chan May (Thua Thien Hue Province);
- Da Nang (Da Nang city);
- Nha Trang (Khanh Hoa Province);
- Quy Nhon (Binh Dinh Province);
- Dung Quat (Quang Ngai Province);
- Vung Tau (Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province);
- TP HCM (HCM city);
- Duong Dong (Kien Giang Province).
⚓ 16 land ports:
- Tay Trang in Dien Bien Province
- Mong Cai in Quang Ninh Province
- Huu Nghi in Lang Son Province
- Lao Cai in the namesake province
- Na Meo in Thanh Hoa Province
- Nam Can in Nghe An Province
- Cau Treo in Ha Tinh Province
- Cha Lo in Quang Binh Province
- La Lay and Lao Bao in Quang Tri Province
- Bo Y in Kon Tum Province
- Moc Bai and Xa Mat in Tay Ninh Province
- Tinh Bien and Song Tien in An Giang Province
- Ha Tien in Kien Giang Province.
III. HOW TO APPLY AN E-VISA?
At this time, Vietnam visa on arrival is still closed due to Covid -19 effect. Just several countries which are in E-visa list can get E-visa to Vietnam for tourist or business purposes.
In order to apply for an E-visa, you need to fill out the online form then make the payment for the fee and wait for 3 working days to receive your E-visa letter by email and bring it together with your passport to Vietnam.
Please apply for E-visa at this link: https://applyvietnamvisa.org/apply/e-visa
This is good news as well for airline brands, they can resume several international flights to Vietnam and other countries. So that foreigners will have a chance to come back to their countries after COVID-19 or others can travel to Vietnam for business purposes or visit their families or relationships. However, only people on the list of 80 nationalities can get E-visa for this time.
If you have any inquiries related to Vietnam visa
, please feel free to contact us via email: [email protected]
or hotline: +84899331212
Have a safe day!