Informative articles about Vietnam visa and travelling
How to apply visa to Vietnam 2020. Vietnam’s tourism sector has set the goal of attracting 20.5 million international visitors in 2020. Therefore, it is easier and more flexible to get a visa for Vietnam as 79 countries can get visa on arrival, 45 countries may get an e-visa, and 24 nations do not even need a visa to enter Vietnam.
Vietnam has five categories of free visas, which allow maximum stay:
• Less than 90 days (Chile)
• Less than 30 days (Cambodia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand)
• Less than 21 days (Philippines)
• Less than 15 days (the UK, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Russia, Japan, Norway, Italy, Germany, Finland, France, Belarus, and Denmark)
• Less than 14 days (Brunei and Myanmar)
Nationals of these countries desiring to stay more than the stipulated period should apply for the visa extension.
The citizens of the USA who are of Vietnamese origin can apply for a 5-Year Visa Exemption. The same applies to foreigners married to Vietnamese citizens. For foreigners who are having Vietnamese wife or husband, they are eligible to apply either visa exemption for 5 years or 2-3 year temporary residence card.
Visa on Arrival
Vietnam allows visa on arrival (for air travel only) to 150 countries of the world. The steps to apply for a visa on arrival are as follows:
• An online application for receiving an approval letter may take 3-5 business days.
• For urgent visa on arrival should go through the rush processing, which takes 8 hours to issue a letter of approval.
• Once the approval letter arrives via email, one needs to take a printout of the message and keep the hard copy.
• The passenger should have a passport with a minimum of 6 months validity from the date of arrival at Vietnam and two passport size photos for stamping the visa.
• The stamping fee of either $25 or $50 should be kept handy.
• The tourist needs to carry all these documents along and present them at the international airport in Vietnam to get a visa stamped on the passport.
• Children traveling with adults need a separate visa.
• The visa fee should pay in USD, and credit cards are not acceptable.
• The visa fee depends on the length of the stay and the frequency of multiple entries.
Vietnam allows 80 countries to secure e-visa to travel to the country and stay up to 30 days. E-visa must be obtained at least two days before the journey begins. Documents required for the application are as follows:
• 1 passport photo
• Copy of passport with at least 6 months validity
• Online payment of $35.
Vietnam Visa Online Application Form
Tourists can apply for a visa extension for a maximum of three more months by paying the fee and getting the extension stamped in the passport before the expiry of the stay. Tourists can extend the stay twice.
The application is subject to filling up the NA5 form, which can be downloaded from the official website:
Form Apply Vietnam Visa 2020
It should submit to immigration offices located in different parts of the country. These offices are open Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 11:30 am and 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm. On Saturdays, these offices are open during 7:00 am-11:30 am.
The visa processing will take about 5-7 working days for a one-month extension and ten working days for a three-month extension.
1. Hanoi: 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi.
2. Da Nang: 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang
3. Ho Chi Minh city: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.
If you are overstaying for a few days, the fines will be charged by day;
Whoever intentionally commits repeated offenses for a long time, without respecting for the law, the level of punishment may include administrative penalties, limitation of Vietnamese immigration and enforced deportation.
• Meetings/conference (3 months)
• Foreign workers/employment visas (2 years)
• Working with Vietnamese authorities (12 months)
• Investor visas (5 years)
• working with Vietnamese business (12 months)
• Chief Representative Office in Vietnam
• Head of ProjectOffice for foreign NGO (12 months)
• NGO staff, Representative Office (12 months)
• Student/internship (12 months)
• Diplomatic visas (12 months)
Here is the latest updated information on Vietnam visa in 2020. Should you have any question, please feel free to contact us at +84.8188.8.131.52 or email us at [email protected] Our address: No. 88 Xa Dan Street, Phuong Lien Ward, Dong Da Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam